Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 garand bayonet normandy

Article about: bayonet of m1 garand. adquired in a particular shop in st.mere l´eglise. someone could tell me if they have any serial number or personal identification such bayonets? I can only base it on

Default M1 garand bayonet normandy

bayonet of m1 garand.
    adquired in a particular shop in st.mere l´eglise.
    someone could tell me if they have any serial number or personal identification such bayonets?
    I can only base it on the visible marks to see if it is authentic or not?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 garand bayonet normandy   M1 garand bayonet normandy  

M1 garand bayonet normandy   M1 garand bayonet normandy  

M1 garand bayonet normandy  

Quote by another ant View Post
    someone could tell me if they have any serial number or personal identification such bayonets?
    ... they haven´t !
    BTW, pretty nice bayonet, made by Utica Cutlery !

no personel stuff stamped on these, some times the owner will mark/ name the scabard but thats about it

I was in St.mere l´Eglise last week (only a few clicks for me now!), and I always look at the military stuff up for sale there. The prices are on the high side to say the least, and as the sellers say; the tourists want souvenirs from that region, there is no rock solid proof the items indeed come from the region.
    One seller was selling, (and I mean I saw people buy them) K98 casings in relic condition for 3 euros. I dont even bother to take these with me when I find them! I will now! Sellers, as all over the world, are buying items on the net and selling them as being from Normandie. I in fact also sold some items to one shop there that I had picked up in Holland and Belgium. I told the seller, but he didn't care much.
    Thats the only problem I have with St.mere l´Eglise; it is to touristic, and they are exploiting it to the last penny. The same thing is going on in Ypres and Verdun.
    I also once sold a US named back-pack to a museum in Normandy. They have it in their collection, and maybe indeed the GI did land on the beaches there, but as I told the guys whom bought it of me, it was found in a barn in Holland, not in France.

money can be made on anything if people will buy it, made start selling the mud, water or the air!! Bet some idiot would buy it lol

They already sell bottles of sand from the beaches there.

that is sooooo bad, almost like selling bottles of blood. These places are places to pay your respect and remember the guy has gave there lifes there. Not to make a fast buck

hi feuerbach
    As for what you think it is not important to other interested and backwards what seems important to you to another very little concerned.
    the back-pack you comment found in holland no in normandy,ok but not look its authenticity in museum? is a little part of history a collector only interessed in autenticity of item if you does not understand that,what you do in a forum of warrelics?
    german bayonets at 3 euros?whith serial numbers visible and you do not buy for resale?
    dazbond uses the word idiot in your post there are many kinds of idiots.(I am not referring to anyone in particular)

what you on about?

Quote by another ant View Post
    hi feuerbach
    As for what you think it is not important to other interested and backwards what seems important to you to another very little concerned.
    the back-pack you comment found in holland no in normandy,ok but not look its authenticity in museum? is a little part of history a collector only interessed in autenticity of item if you does not understand that,what you do in a forum of warrelics?
    german bayonets at 3 euros?whith serial numbers visible and you do not buy for resale?
    dazbond uses the word idiot in your post there are many kinds of idiots.(I am not referring to anyone in particular)
    He was referring to bullet cases not bayonets!....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast