Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Model 1913 Patton Cavalry Saber

Article about: Howdy folks! just had a new acquisition and wanted to show and tell! Only cost me \\$285 From what I've read, these were outdated by the time WW1 rolled around but were shortened into trench k

?

Default Model 1913 Patton Cavalry Saber

Howdy folks! just had a new acquisition and wanted to show and tell! Only cost me $285
    From what I've read, these were outdated by the time WW1 rolled around but were shortened into trench knives in WW2 (which are my next buy!)
    Anyone else have Patton Sabers, cut or intact that they would like to share? Thanks!
    John
    Model 1913 Patton Cavalry SaberModel 1913 Patton Cavalry Saber
    Model 1913 Patton Cavalry SaberModel 1913 Patton Cavalry Saber

MAP
    ?

Unfortunately I don't. Passed on buying one a year or so ago. Called the dealer back a few days later when I changed my mind and....to late...sold.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Darn! yeah, I've been looking for one of these for a little while now and I actually got this from Ebay, of all places! free shipping too!

?

I actually also forgot to add that It's dated 1914 with the serial # 12907

?

You got a good buy. I have had a few but never kept any.

?

I have a pair, 1 Springfield armory and one LF&C "Landers Fraray & Clark" New Britain Connecticut. The LF&C doesn't have a serial number, so it is made after July 1918. They are mostly identical, except for the differences in the thumb pad and checkering pattern on the handle. The blades a perfect, the scabbards show some where and tear, and they are much cleaner now. I took the pictures right after I bought them and they were really dusty from hanging on a wall for decades.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Model 1913 Patton Cavalry Saber   Model 1913 Patton Cavalry Saber  

Attached Images Attached Images Model 1913 Patton Cavalry Saber  Model 1913 Patton Cavalry Saber  Model 1913 Patton Cavalry Saber 

I have an LF&C dated 1918. When the weather and my schedule mesh again I'll have to take some pics

?

Yes! they are definitely wall hangers, though you can see in my fourth picture, some idiot tried to sharpen it... I like the fact that it's very utilitarian looking, looks like a great thrusting weapon!