Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Near Mint Blade Marked M3

Article about: I bought this with a large group of US paratrooper uniforms and equipment from a soldier who was tragically killed while in training. The Army shipped everything home and I got it from a goo

Default Near Mint Blade Marked M3

I bought this with a large group of US paratrooper uniforms and equipment from a soldier who was tragically killed while in training. The Army shipped everything home and I got it from a good friend of mine who found the grouping while out garage saleing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Mint Blade Marked M3   Near Mint Blade Marked M3  

Near Mint Blade Marked M3   Near Mint Blade Marked M3  

Near Mint Blade Marked M3  

Default Re: Near Mint Blade Marked M3

Man thats horrible..To have someone you loved killed in training..Nice Knife also

Gary,
    I guess I believe the story just because over the last several
    years you have never given me a reason to doubt you.

If I were to come across this set on ebay, I would say it
    was all new reproduction.

btw---WOW that is a GREAT looking set.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Now its my turn. I dont like the knife or the scabbard.

The font on the blade looks wrong.
    Camillus used 2 pins on the pommel. Im not familiar with one pin until after the korean war.

?

I have a problem with the story also. Enlisted guys" GI's " (general issue). Everything was ISSUED by Uncle Sam. Field gear would be returned to supply for reissue. Only personal items and private purchase items would be sent home to relatives. The leather on the scabbard is not aged at all.
    I do not trust anything about it.
    Just my opinion.
    Steve

Nice knife, but i would say that its got to be a repro or something.. atleast the leather scabbard, that is. I dont know much about knives so i can't say anything there, but that leather just doesn't look period at all, with no visible aging.

Regards,
    Finn

a sad story, but if your happy with it, well that's all that matters, jmho.nice knife anyway. btw I have an unissued m-43 field jacket & a pile liner coat to go with it, it looks like it just came off the rack at a store, so you never know. yes the jacket & inner jacket are real 1943 stuff, even found a new unissued hood for it at a army/navy store, all the tags are good & correct.

Besides using two pins, Camillus also used a blue/black finish not a a gray zinc phosphate which is what it seems to be here. FP

I can't comment on the rest of the items, but that knife is new. Might have been something the guy bought a couple of years ago just before dying. You can buy these online inn many stores. I believe that you believe the story, but the knife alone makes it impossible.