Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need ID Help

Article about: Just picked up this knife. Possible Movie Prop. Can anyone help ID and value this knife

Default Need ID Help

Just picked up this knife. Possible Movie Prop. Can anyone help ID and value this knife
    Need ID HelpNeed ID HelpNeed ID HelpNeed ID HelpNeed ID Help

Default Re: Need ID Help

Need ID HelpNeed ID HelpNeed ID HelpNeed ID HelpNeed ID HelpNeed ID HelpHere are more photos

The knife is a French made "Aulion" version. But the scabbard is US made LF&C and would not have been married with it.

Not crazy about the scabbard.

I am a bit on the fence about the knife too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It looks like a fairly good repo to me IMO. The ageing just doesn't look right for being almost 100 yrs old. This is a really popular one to reproduce, that's my gut feeling on this one.

Burt

Jim aka "Paratrooper" has shown a good Aulion made one on the forum. I know, as it used to be mine

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I know it is a Mk1 knife and they were made by Au Lion after an airborne gent sent plans to the US mfgrs and to aulion to get it made. Au Lion didnt have to retool to make the knives. Au Lion is the only one to make this knife and have it used by the Military in WWI. LF&C and other knives were used in WWII. I have personally never seen an Au Lion scabbard. I have seen many reproductions of the knives but never a reproduction of the Au Lion knives.