Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NO4 MK1 Cruciform Bayonet

Article about: Hi all. Picked this up the other day from what was essentially a pawn shop. Although I have not handled one of these scarce bayonets before from what I have researched online it appears corr

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    I can't help but think that while the idea of banning "inhumane" blade shapes was well intentioned, at the end of the day, if you get a big bit of metal stuck in you its going to ruin your day whichever way you slice it. (No pun intended)
    And somewhat bizarrely if it is not labouring the point, the No4 spike tended to cause a triangular (ish) wound anyway!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

They also snapped very easily as the milled fullers did take away some of their rigidity they are like the 1907 Vickers (10,000 made in WWI) also the MOLE these 3 types alone are fairly scarce along with the Siamese contracted 07's.
    Nope the Cruciforms are not plentiful here or anywhere, they certainly are not cheap to acquire when they come up for sale.

Quote by CINDERSII View Post
    They also snapped very easily as the milled fullers did take away some of their rigidity they are like the 1907 Vickers (10,000 made in WWI) also the MOLE these 3 types alone are fairly scarce along with the Siamese contracted 07's.
    Nope the Cruciforms are not plentiful here or anywhere, they certainly are not cheap to acquire when they come up for sale.
    I have been collecting for about 14 years now and this is the first I have seen in the flesh (real or fake), although I have not been looking online where i'm sure they are more plentiful, but certainly at fairs etc they have proved incredibly elusive.

Here is my Cruciform No.4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NO4 MK1 Cruciform Bayonet   NO4 MK1 Cruciform Bayonet  

NO4 MK1 Cruciform Bayonet   NO4 MK1 Cruciform Bayonet  

B...E...A...Utiful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2