Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform Bayonet

Article about: Hello everyone I'm thinking about purchasing this moderately priced Singer No.4 Mk.I Cruciform Bayonet but I know they are heavily faked. I've done a bit of homework and to me it looks alrig

?

Thanks Jim. I'll keep you posted.

?

Hello everyone,

Received this one a while ago but only just got around to taking some photos. It looks like it has some very faint electro pen on the blade near the socket but I cant make it out and the camera wont pick it up. I lined it up with a singer MKII for comparison and it looks right length wise.

Alex
    Opinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform BayonetOpinions on No.4 Mk.I Cruciform Bayonet

Quote by Alex W View Post
    ...It looks like it has some very faint electro pen on the blade near the socket but I cant make it out and the camera wont pick it up.
    Some of the MKI's had an inspectors mark electro pencilled onto the blade up near the socket end so that's probably what it is.

?

Still like it! The picture of it next to the MKII definitely shows it is not a fake milled from an MKII. Also agree with Time Bandit, that the electro pencil marking is probably from an inspector.

Jim

?

Thanks time bandit, I thought I had read about the inspectors mark somewhere but wasn't sure.

Jim, a big thanks for helping me out with this one. This little hobby would be a lot harder without people like you and Lance pointing us mere mortals in the right direction.

Alex

?

You did very well, congratulations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2