Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Raf aircrew survival knife

Article about: Hi guys, I was given this knife from a neighbour. I do not collect post war items, so decided to sell. I listed the item for 60 Canadian dollars. I am asking is this a fair price to ask, too

?

Default Raf aircrew survival knife

Hi guys, I was given this knife from a neighbour. I do not collect post war items, so decided to sell. I listed the item for 60 Canadian dollars. I am asking is this a fair price to ask, too much....too little?

I did some research, but found the prices listed way too high. I do not want to rip off a collector, or myself so would appreciate any feedback.

I never ask about values on the forum, but this time I do need some help on this item.

Item is marked, shown in pic. Also marked on the holder.

Thank you

Raf aircrew survival knifeRaf aircrew survival knifeRaf aircrew survival knife

Nice Aircrew Rescue Knife

I'm being pedantic, but it's not 'RAF' as they were for Royal Navy & Army aircrew too, or really 'Survival' as they had a relatively limited purpose - hence blade shape - of cutting material to get out of harnesses etc in an emergency

I have a few; two 'later' examples like yours & one 'earlier' (though they seemed to have overlapped in service) with a 'proper' blade. I can't help you much with Canadian values I'm afraid. In the UK, although I wouldn't want to pay even that much (& didn't - though I don't have 3 complete 'sets' of sheaths as a result), I have seen them in the £40-50 range … though yours does seem like particularly good example.

Maybe that still helps though?

* If anyone has metal 'inserts' for the sheath, for either blade type, they don't need... I'd be interested!