Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?

Article about: Hello, My father recently passed away and had a small knife collection. One of the knives stuck out as the rest were mostly simple pocket knives of different sorts. It looks like it was from

?

Default Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?

Hello,

My father recently passed away and had a small knife collection. One of the knives stuck out as the rest were mostly simple pocket knives of different sorts. It looks like it was from WWII, but my dad wasn't old enough to have been in the war so I am wondering: Is it a real WWII knife? Is there any way to track it and see if it was possibly from my grandfather who was in WWII in the navy?

I would appreciate any help you could offer me.

I have attached photos of the surfaces with writing and then a few more of the overall knife.

Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?

CBH
    ?

Nice looking MK II fighting knife "Camillus" , looks to be WWII but US combat knives aren't my area .
    I'm sure some one can help you out around here . And welcome to the Forum !
    Cheers Chris

Hi and welcome to the Forum. Yes - it is a WWII U.S. Navy
    issued knife. Looks in nice, original condition with
    blackened blade.........

Another for comparison :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?   Received this Camillus knife from my father. Any information?  

Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Hi and welcome to the Forum. Yes - it is a WWII U.S. Navy
    issued knife. Looks in nice, original condition with
    blackened blade.........

Another for comparison :
    Thanks for your reply, and to the one above.

I did search this forum a bit on other knives of the same type, but most seemed to have the stamping on the blade, not the guard. So I didn't really know what to think about the knife I got from my dad's things. Also some seemed to have the person to whom it was issued to etched in some way into the cover. I thought maybe the numbers would match some kind of number corresponding to the person to whom it was issued, but they seem to correspond to a purchase order in which the knife was ordered. I guess I will never really know who's knife it was, but I will attribute it to my grandfather. Not sure how common it was. Like if everyone who went overseas to serve received one. If so then it could very well have been his knife.

Thanks again for your help.

It is most likely a ww2 knife. It is for sure a pre-1962 knife
    as the makers marks changed in that year.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

It is a great looking USN MARK 2. I love that blade pattern(KBar). So was your Father or Grandfather in the navy?
    I know from my time in the service that your gear can be more than several decades old.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    It is a great looking USN MARK 2. I love that blade pattern(KBar). So was your Father or Grandfather in the navy?
    I know from my time in the service that your gear can be more than several decades old.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    My grandfather was in the Navy. I know he served in the Pacific, but not much else. He never liked talking about the war. I'd imagine he saw a lot things that troubled him.