Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 Scabbard

Article about: I have the opportunity to buy a SA 1906, US 46477 bayonet with a USN MK1 scabbard. The bayonet comes with wooden grips. I bleieve the bayonet is form WWI but I think the scabbard is form WWI

Default SA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 Scabbard

I have the opportunity to buy a SA 1906, US 46477 bayonet with a USN MK1 scabbard. The bayonet comes with wooden grips. I bleieve the bayonet is form WWI but I think the scabbard is form WWII. Is that correct? So, would the two have been put together sometime after WWII? The individual selling it told me it was his grandfathers in WWI but I do not know how that could be possible. Any help would be appreciated. This is the only picture I have at this time. I have asked for more and will post when I get them.

Thanks,

WilliamSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 Scabbard

?

Bayonet Points - Should give you all the info you need.

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Bayonet Points - Should give you all the info you need.
    Thanks Alex, I will check out this website.

William

Here are some additional pictures, not as many or detailed as I had wanted. Asking price is $120.

962793[/ATTACH]SA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 Scabbard]962794[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 Scabbard  

They did use these into ww 2. The bayonet itself is well worth $120 but finding the correct scabbard won't be as easy to find and won't be as cheap, unless you can find another deal. I know the Navy bayonets and scabbards are more desirable=more expensive, so y9ou might be able to offset the scabbard cost by selling the navy scabbard.

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    They did use these into ww 2. The bayonet itself is well worth $120 but finding the correct scabbard won't be as easy to find and won't be as cheap, unless you can find another deal. I know the Navy bayonets and scabbards are more desirable=more expensive, so y9ou might be able to offset the scabbard cost by selling the navy scabbard.
    Thanks Pete, I felt I couldn't g wrong for $120. Like you said I could sell each separately for more. I sent the money and am watching my mail box now.

I am in Cambridge, MN now visiting a son. Tomorrow I head to Rosedale to visit another son for a week. I sure enjoy Minnesota.

thanks,

William

I drive by Rosedale on my way home from work everyday hehe Come back in January and see how you like it then lol At that price, you couldn't really go wrong, hope you enjoy it!

For $120 it is a good buy.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    I drive by Rosedale on my way home from work everyday hehe Come back in January and see how you like it then lol At that price, you couldn't really go wrong, hope you enjoy it!
    I lived here in St. Paul for 4 years back in the mid 70's. I went to Bethel Seminary in Arden Hills. Met my wife in Hudson Wisconsin. We like MN winters better than Ohio. Twin cities driving is what I really hate.

As soon as I get the bayo I will post better pictures of it.

thanks,

William

Default Received Bayonet Today

I just received the 1906 SA bayonet today, not what I was hoping for but maybe still a deal for $120 (that includes shipping). The USN MK1 scabbard is near perfect. Good metal throat. No cracks in plastic at all. See for yourself. The bayonet is a little disappointing. It has great wooden grips, handle, & cross guard. But, someone has polished the blade and sharpened it. The blade has at least 10 nicks along the edge plus the point is a little bent. I am not sure if they sharpened it to take the nick out or the nicks came after sharpening. It is a shame it has been sharpened and nicked so bad. But, still a complete 1906 SA bayonet. It is 110 years old. It looks better than I will at 110.

Take a look for yourself and shoot me some replies.

Thanks,

William

SA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 ScabbardSA 1906 Bayonet & USN MK 1 Scabbard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast