Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

So I found this bayonet....

Article about: Hey all, I found this bayonet while looking for antiques and I bought it for US \\$40. Originally I thought it was American but my hopes were dashed when I saw an american bayonet. So I did so

Default So I found this bayonet....

Hey all,

I found this bayonet while looking for antiques and I bought it for US $40. Originally I thought it was American but my hopes were dashed when I saw an american bayonet. So I did some research and found that it appears to be a Hungarian or Czech bayonet from either WW1 or WW2.

Help please?

Thanks,
    Michael

So I found this bayonet....So I found this bayonet....So I found this bayonet....So I found this bayonet....

Default Re: So I found this bayonet....

It is indeed Czech...
    cheers, Glenn

Czech M24 Bayonet...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

+1 for the Czech. From the quick research it was made for the Prague Castle Guard -Presidents honour guard. This info can be found @ Czechoslovak Bayonet markings Nice one.

Ray

?

The bayonet is a czechoslovak Vz.24 for Romanian contract probably, should be marked on pommel with serial number and between grips. Is no way a Castle honour guard.

How much would something like this be worth?

Thanks,
    Michael

I think I paid around $35 for mine, with scabbard. If you wat an M1 bayo, get one from the CMP. If you're buying accessories you don't have to belong to a club or go through any of the matches like you would to buy a rifle. They aren't that expensive this way, more than likely you'll get a Danish or German scabbard, but the blade will be American.

Sales - Accessories

So since mine is apparently presidents honor guard. How much could it be worth?

Thanks,
    Michael

Without a scabbard - $20-$30.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Snake Master View Post
    So since mine is apparently presidents honor guard. How much could it be worth?

Thanks,
    Michael
    Michael, As Andy tried to tell you it's not for a "presidents honor guard", and it seems to be just an average bayonet by itself in a somewhat worn condition. With the "CSZ" on the blade representing Ceskoslovenská Zbrojovka which was a period factory marking. And the "S" just being a production letter block similar in idea to a batch identifier, in the range of the contract bayonets for Romania as Andy also stated. Regards, FP