Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Swedish Special Forces Fighting Knife

Article about: Hello Guys, This is a knife I aquired recently from a friend who is serving in the Danish Army. He informs me that it is used by the Swedish SF and as you can see the blade should be familia

Default Swedish Special Forces Fighting Knife

Swedish Special Forces Fighting KnifeSwedish Special Forces Fighting KnifeSwedish Special Forces Fighting KnifeSwedish Special Forces Fighting KnifeSwedish Special Forces Fighting KnifeSwedish Special Forces Fighting KnifeSwedish Special Forces Fighting Knife

Hello Guys,
    This is a knife I aquired recently from a friend who is serving in the Danish Army.
    He informs me that it is used by the Swedish SF and as you can see the blade should be familiar to those who know the Swedish Mauser 1896 bayonet.

They have used the blade of the bayonet and fitted it to a wooden handle and scabbard. the bayonet is all metal and would freeze in the hand ,wood does not. They wear it to the front of the belt and high.
    I have not been able to research this any further so any help appreciated.
    It looks quite a nice knife.

Regards

Jim

Default Re: Swedish Special Forces Fighting Knife

Great design, but it looks like a one-off or home made piece. Definitely re-worked
    from a Swedish bayonet.

Wood not freezing in your hand is an interesting idea, but there is no
    crossguard, or any checkering or ribs to prevent your hand from
    sliding forward onto the blade.

Member Reibert should see it - he might know what it is.........
    Regards,

Steve.

That is exactly what I thought Steve, but my friend Lars insists it is not.
    Any other photos of Swedes wearing this would be great.

Regards

Jim

It's a beauty, in any case, and I'd be quite pleased if I had one as well! They certainly aren't Common!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very interesting !

Never heard ´bout such knives ...

The blade´s definately an M96 bayonet blade !

I do not believe, that such knives really issued in the Swedish Army till anybody can show images of such knives in wear, and telling me a designation.

Swedish military knives

As far as I know, even the Peltonen Ranger knife, (made in Finland), was in use in swedish Special Forces ...

Fiannoglach
    ?

I got a knife from a friend in the SSG and it was a Peltonen Ranger Knife (M95) with a leather sheath.

Quote by Fiannoglach View Post
    I got a knife from a friend in the SSG and it was a Peltonen Ranger Knife (M95) with a leather sheath.
    Heres´s an M95 Sissipuukko with plastic made scabbard.
    This pattern knife was designed by Captain J.P. Peltonen in 1995.
    Peltonen was an finnisch officer in Kaschmir then.

Blade: Carbon-steel forged und teflon coated.

Swedish Special Forces Fighting KnifeSwedish Special Forces Fighting KnifeSwedish Special Forces Fighting KnifeSwedish Special Forces Fighting KnifeSwedish Special Forces Fighting Knife

Terry Roberts
    ?

Default Swedish special forces knife

Hi , I live in the UK , I would just like to say I own a identical knife so there are at least 2 of them out there, it was also described to me as a Swedish commando knife

Thx. for further informations.

HgF
    ?

I'm sorry friends - this nice dagger (on top of thread) is not an official knife/dagger used by the Swedish army.
    The Swedish army's Close Combat school at Kvarn has acquired small numbers of different types of knives. Most common is perhaps Mora 2000, and possibly several types of the company Fallknivens models, such us A1, S1, F1. and the boot dagger "Garm". Also Applegate-Fairbairn Combat 11. Rumors say that a small number of Benchmade SOCP have been purchased.
    Sorry , no pics.