Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sword found in ladys garage!!!!!

Article about: by nkumburis On the blade it is marked GERMANY. Any idea on the value? Thanks! - Nick K in English? o_O

Default Sword found in ladys garage!!!!!

Hi I do yard work for this lady and her husband fought in WW2 she has TONS of stuff that I will hopefully be able to get but when I was cleaning her garage I found this sword and she gave it too me! The swords length is about 3.5 feet and the end is rounded and the blades not sharp at all. So Im not sure what time period this sword is from or what country either ANY help would be appreciated and all comments are welcome! Thanks! - Nick K

Sword found in ladys garage!!!!!Sword found in ladys garage!!!!!Sword found in ladys garage!!!!!Sword found in ladys garage!!!!!

Default Re: Sword found in ladys garage!!!!!

Nick, Appears to be a WW1 imperial German sword.......DAVE H

Thanks Dave but I dont think its german. Any other comments would be appreciated. - Nick K

Hi Nick,
    Sorry i believe i said German Imperial WW 1,,Here is a photo much like yours 1898 Prussian.......DAVE HSword found in ladys garage!!!!!

?

That's 100% a WW1 or Pre WW1 German sword.

agreed, it is german imperial

On the blade it is marked GERMANY. Any idea on the value? Thanks! - Nick K

?

Since it's marked "Germany" I would guess it was made for export, rather than use by Germans. It's 100% a German sword though. Here's a similar(though not the same) sword on eBay with a scabbard and no rust for $300. I would hold onto the sword if I were you, it would make a great wallhanger, I have one on my wall and it looks awesome.
    RARE US German Made WW1 M 1902 Officer Sword Dagger | eBay

It looks to me like the dress version of the Prussian Heavy Calvary (Kürassier) sword for off duty wear by enlisted men. For comparison purposes here is the officer's model. And I have no idea why it would have Germany on the blade because ordinarily it should not. Although I have seen it on various surplus items imported into the U.S. between the wars (?). FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sword found in ladys garage!!!!!  

Thanks for the help! - Nick K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast