Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here

Article about: Hello All, In the field of collecting we all have our favorite areas, and one of mine is theater knives. I find them interesting, as some can be a work of art or a tool for killing. I'm goin

CBH
    ?

I read somewhere that Plexiglass was a pretty newly invented in WWII , so people would use it for knife handles etc . It's was considered exotic and not seen often in the civilian world . But after the war , it was everywhere .

Hi friends,

To go along with Chris' knife in #27, here is one of mine with a blade made from a file. Very crude, this one has a
    interesting handle made of laminated wood.

Have a good day! Mart

Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here

Hello all,

A PAL RH 36 with plexiglass handle.

Take care, Mart

Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here

Greetings,all.
    Here are a few more. The big one is 20 inches long and could properly qualify as a theater sword. The one with the U.S. sheath is interesting -- there appear to be notches in it as I hope you can make out in the closeup. Can anyone identify the bayonet blade that was used to make this knife? The knife with the long skinny blade and brass handle doesn't look like a fighting knife, nor does its companion with the curved cross bar. I am particularly fond of the two with leather sheaths. One of them has a note on the back which you may find interesting. Pardon me for screwing up the order in which the pictures appear.
    Uncle Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here   Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here  

Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here   Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here  

Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here   Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here  

Hello Uncle Paul,

Nice collection, thanks for sharing! The knife with the notched scabbard is interesting and appears to me, to have a M1
    garand bayonet blade. Like you, i am also fond of the two you show with the leather sheaths, as both show good quality of
    craftsmanship. The knife with the note on the sheath is what i would call a "home front Knife", as the knife was not made
    in a theater of war. However, in my opinion this does not detract anything from this knife. Many home front made knives
    were carried by soldiers and sailors alike.
    The knife with curved cross bar looks like it could have been made from a knife sharpening steel. From what i have gathered
    altered steels were used as trench weapons in WW1. The "theater sword" is a first for me, and I like it!

Have a good one,
    Mart

Howdy Friends,

Here is another for your review, one of my personal favorites. Howard C. Brandt served in the US Army Air Corps 1942-45
    as a B-24 Pilot, and again in Korea 1950-52 as a B-29 Pilot. This is his knife from WW2, hope you enjoy.

Take care,
    Mart

Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here

MAP
    ?

How many of these do you have Mart???
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    How many of these do you have Mart???
    Hi Michael,

Not too many, as I still have a little room left in the footlocker that houses my collection! Would you like to make a donation? lol

Mart

MAP
    ?

Well I've seen 12 posted already....and if there is only a "little" room left in a foot locker, you probably have a dozen more LoL!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi. Here is a 3rd pattern FS with a modified handle carried in a M8 scabbard. The straps perfectly fit the handle. IMO this is a superior carry system to the regular thin leather/elastic FS sheathes. The handle fills the hand nicely as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here   Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here  

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast