Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here

Article about: Hello All, In the field of collecting we all have our favorite areas, and one of mine is theater knives. I find them interesting, as some can be a work of art or a tool for killing. I'm goin

That's got some real character to it
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

I really like this one Martin. Saw it in your other post. Is that his name stamped on the blade
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Seeing this thread made me think of a box of these uglies I had stuck in the attic somewhere, so I hunted them down to see. I hadn't opened the box is something like 30 years or so, and in many of the photos, you can see the thick green verdigris on the brass parts that show this. Turned out there were 4 in the box. So, here they are in no particular order. They are all WWII, of course. The 1st one is on the small side but features an odd metal lined sheath.
    Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The second knife in the box has a heavy aluminum handle and a big rivet sheath with an odd spring loop for a strap.
    Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here
    William

Knife 3 is a crudely made piece with an odd shaped guard but a decent sheath.
    Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here
    William

The last in the box is a vicious deadly sharp thing that I personally know was used for not nice purposes in the South Pacific. The owner was my uncle. It is dated 1943 and it's hard to see in the photos, but he put some work into the sheath and the leather.

Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here

Do people Collect these crude things? I can't imagine they are hugely valuable or sought after, as everyone in those days made and carried them. Some were utility knives and some, like the last piece, were Not utility knives. Let me know, if anyone wants to buy these things, as all I'll end up doing with them is tossing them back in the box and up to the attic again!
    William

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    That's got some real character to it
    Hello Greg,

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it, as it comes from a guy that has some "DAMN COOL" knives himself!

Ride on,

Mart

Hello Michael,

No, different fellow. I did start to do a little research on Sam Fox, and found a couple in the archives. One Sam Fox was
    Army Air Corps, and stationed in the Pacific during the war. Being in the Air corps he could have access to tools required
    to make this knife, just a possibility!

take care,

Mart

Oh no, not the attic! I think they might look good in my footlocker.

Mart

Hello Friends,

Here is one i found recently. If you have ever been curious to what you would get if you crossed a Garand bayo with a French Lebel, here it is.

Take care,

Mart

Theater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) hereTheater Knife, Post Your Favorite(s) here

P.S. Have one of these uglies? Please post.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast