Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

IS there a difference between an M1 Carbine and M1 Garand Bayonet?

Article about: Hello, this is Julekpl again. I was wondering if any of you could help me with some bayonet questions. I have an M1 Carbine and I wanted to get an original bayonet for it. Is there a signifi

Default IS there a difference between an M1 Carbine and M1 Garand Bayonet?

Hello, this is Julekpl again. I was wondering if any of you could help me with some bayonet questions. I have an M1 Carbine and I wanted to get an original bayonet for it. Is there a significant difference between M1 carbine bayonets and M1 Garand bayonets? Thanks!

?

Default Re: IS there a difference between an M1 Carbine and M1 Garand Bayonet?

Yes there is a Big difference.
    The top photo is an M1 Carbine the second photo is m1 garand. The m1 garand has two variants Long and Short. Short bayos are cut down from the normal 16in bayos.

Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IS there a difference between an M1 Carbine and M1 Garand Bayonet?   IS there a difference between an M1 Carbine and M1 Garand Bayonet?  

Attached Images Attached Images IS there a difference between an M1 Carbine and M1 Garand Bayonet? 

Yes, there's a big difference. The M1905, the M10 and M5 are all different from the M4 bayonet. Early M4s will have a leather washer handle, the late ones will have the hard plastic scales.

in this pic, the M1905 is on the top, then the next 2 are M1905s that were cut down to the new M10 length. I think they changed around 1942. The bottom one is an M10

This is the M4, early version on top, later version on the bottom, with M8 scabbards

- - Updated - -

good timing Ryan lol

?

Lol same exact time, yours is more informational.
    Ryan

hhmm, I did post, good timing Ryan, but it seems to have gotten lost in the interwebs somewhere lol ok, I see it added itself to my post, nvm lol

i will offer price help an m4 in good condition will prolly be around 80 give or take a little an m1 can range from 50 to 120 and a 1905 usually over 200 dollars !!

Quote by ww2relichunter View Post
    i will offer price help an m4 in good condition will prolly be around 80 give or take a little an m1 can range from 50 to 120 and a 1905 usually over 200 dollars !!
    oh wow, that's not bad...