MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Trench knife question

Article about: Have had this trench knife for a while and would be interested in opinions. The handle is an L F & C 1918 cast handle, which I believe to be real. The blade is a Randall blade which I am

Default Trench knife question

Have had this trench knife for a while and would be interested in opinions.
    The handle is an L F & C 1918 cast handle, which I believe to be real.
    The blade is a Randall blade which I am also assured by someone in the know is original.
    Any input would be appreciated.

?

I believe the blade is a replacement.

It was purchased as a Randall trench knife, and is supposedly one of only 3 known to have been made by Randall.
    One is in the Randall museum (I am told), one is (or was recently) in the possession of one of Tom Clintons sons, and this is the only other one I have seen or know of.
    I know the blade to be original and my main concern was that the L F & C handle is also an original piece.
    I am sure of the date of marrying the two up by Randall but am comfortable in the belief that it is an authentic Randall trench knife.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I believe the blade is a replacement.

If you Google Randle knife history there is a picture of the knife in the Randle museum the blade is a different shape and the markings do not look the same and your knife looks to have a mint blade better than Randle's museum knife.

If you can post a link to where you have seen the picture I would appreciate it, as I have watched some of the videos of the museum but can't see a link on the Randall site.
    In one of the vies there is a fleeting glance of the hilt, but that is all.
    Randall do many blade styles and this is a model 2 7" blade.
    I know of one more model 2 and also a model 1 but am not sure which is in the museum.
    This blade is far from mint and has been authenticated by a coupe of experts as an early Randall blade.

Quote by zephyr4 View Post
    If you Google Randle knife history there is a picture of the knife in the Randle museum the blade is a different shape and the markings do not look the same and your knife looks to have a mint blade better than Randle's museum knife.

Why not take some better picture's and email Randle. job done.

Randall Made Knives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia