Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown military folding knife (help identifing)

Article about: Anyone know what country this knife is from and what military unit it belongs too. Army, Navy, Airforce ? Charlie

Default Unknown military folding knife (help identifing)

Anyone know what country this knife is from and what military unit it belongs too. AUnknown military folding knife (help identifing)Unknown military folding knife (help identifing)rmy, Navy, Airforce ? Charlie

Default Re: Unknown military folding knife (help identifing)

The emblem says Spanish. Whether it's Army issue or a commercial "Swiss Army Knife" sort of piece, I couldn't say. Most likely commercial modern, though as here is an ad for a very similar one:
    AITOR Gran Montanero Swiss Army Knife - Free U.S. Shipping! (Auction ID: 112256, End Time : 24 Jun. 2012 05:02:11) - EDC Source

Aitor of Spain makes some very good quality knives...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Charlie: Aitor is a Spanish company that was founded in 1939 manufacturing cutlary. Over the years the focus shifted to pocket knives. What you have there is the "Green" multipurpose pocket survival knife. The "Green" version is marketed to police and military organizations, and there are several armies that buy them. The UN is a buyer. Dwight

The crest certainly appears to be spanish. Maybe Fernando Torres could use this to cut himself free from that straight jacket he's been playing in!

I have seen Aitor commercial knives alot and they have the Aitor company logo on the handle. i have several Aitor Army issue knives with Army crest on the handle but have never seen this crest before. I looked it up and it definately is a Spanish Crest and not something Aitor would put on a commercial knife.

Well...if you had Looked at the link I provided, you would See that exact same crest on a commercial knife.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Did not realize it was a commercial knife but guess new in the box it probably is. Thanks