Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

US Bayonet M4 Camillus Plastic Grip

Article about: G'day all Here's one I don't think I've post before, I believe is late WW2? I've had it for at least 15 years and is one I love playing with. Please correct me if I'm wrong about it being WW

Default US Bayonet M4 Camillus Plastic Grip

G'day all

Here's one I don't think I've post before, I believe is late WW2? I've had it for at least 15 years and is one I love playing with. Please correct me if I'm wrong about it being WW2

?

I believe that the plastic handled M4's were used in Korea and Vietnam, but not WWII. I have read that some WWII M4's were converted to have plastic handles but I don't believe there is any definitive info stating that thats true.

Hi Rene. It's not a WWII bayonet. As Doug says, it could be a rework.

Bayo Points 4

M8 sheaths with a metal chape are considered
    Vietnam era.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Cheers Fellas on the correction- still love it

I think that it's a WW II bayonet that's been re-gripped because of the "Flaming Bomb" on the cross guard. With speaking generally, five groups that have plastic grips. With the first being roughly 130,000 reported done between 1952-53 by a U.S. arsenal. The second from two makers, Turner Manufacturing and Imperial, being a slight modification and a "DOD" stamp a little later in the 1950's. And Conneta/Bred-Dan sometime during the Vietnam era. With the forth a batch that were imported from Korea consisting of reworked bayonets originally given to them by the U.S. And the fifth that I know of, some remanufactured bayonets done in the U.S. using various and sundry parts with WW II hilts and some welding (from what I see I don't think that this is one of them). PS: As Steve states the M8A1 scabbard by "PWH" is later. Best regards, Fred

?

I too have one that I consider a WWII M-4 that was reworked, I'll try to post some detailed photo's this weekend. Til then, I'll sy you have to be careful with M-4's, if you start looking for every variation and maker, you could just fill a whole room!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Bayonet M4 Camillus Plastic Grip  

Quote by Jim P View Post
    I too have one that I consider a WWII M-4 that was reworked, I'll try to post some detailed photo's this weekend. Til then, I'll sy you have to be careful with M-4's, if you start looking for every variation and maker, you could just fill a whole room!
    Nice grouping . And if you add in the various foreign versions to the mix it does get more complicated. Best Regards, Fred