Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Knife to ID, please

Article about: Brought back from Germany by my late Grandfather in 1945 is this 1918 marked US knife. Unfortunately, Grandad passed away long before my interest in militaria developed so I have no backgrou

Default US Knife to ID, please

Brought back from Germany by my late Grandfather in 1945 is this 1918 marked US knife. Unfortunately, Grandad passed away long before my interest in militaria developed so I have no background as to what it is or whether the handle was 'modified' before he got it. Any ID would be appreciated.

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Knife to ID, please   US Knife to ID, please  

US Knife to ID, please   US Knife to ID, please  

Default Re: US Knife to ID, please

Hello I think I found your knife on eBay? I believe it was a cut down and modified sword with added wooden grips and possibly a donor sheath? Refrence this item number on their site, looks pretty close 261255216613. It's a cool piece and family history to boot I like it! Just my best guess though. Hope this helps a little. Regards

?

It looks like a cut down m1 bayonet from ww1 made into a fighting/handmade knife looks great.

Bsiwula is correct, a cut down sword.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Made from a US 1913 Patton sword/sabre. Note the design of the blade is similar with the central fuller [groove]

LF&C = Landers, Frary & Clark who made these weapons.

Information on the sword/sabrePatton the Swordsman | Cavhooah

My WWI era flatware set I use has mother of pearl handled table knives made by Landers, Frary & Clark....they were a huge mail order company who made tons and tons of flatware and knives and sold them throughout the country in catalogs, country stores, mail order flyers, etc. (They Also made some of the famous trench knuckle knives...)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks to all for positive ID!

biswula1: I like that. Cheers.

Martin