Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

USN Mk2 Knife Value

Article about: Hello, At a pawn shop yesterday I saw a WWII USN Mk2 knife they had for \\$100 and wondered if that is worth it. I was being dumb and didn't take pictures of it, but it was well used although

Default USN Mk2 Knife Value

Hello,

At a pawn shop yesterday I saw a WWII USN Mk2 knife they had for $100 and wondered if that is worth it. I was being dumb and didn't take pictures of it, but it was well used although not in bad shape. The scabbard is the grey fiberblass and in very good condition and the knife was made by Camillus which was marked on the guard. I know its hard to give a value without any pictures, but I just want to see what these knives usually go for and if $100 is a fair price. Thanks!

Here is a picture of one that is pretty comparable, but the blade on the one at the pawn shop was a bit more worn.

USN Mk2 Knife Value

Probably an OK price, but from a pawn shop, you might
    be able to get him down to $80 or less, which is still
    fair, if condition is not as great as the one you've
    shown above.

These had blackened blades, as in the Camillus
    example seen below.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USN Mk2 Knife Value  
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 04-26-2016 at 11:17 PM. Reason: added text.....
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the reply. The blade wasn't as nice looking as that one, if it was I probably would have gotten it. Have you dealt with pawn shops much, I ask because I don't know how much they will usually deal on an item. Would $75 be a fair offer?

- - ------- - -

I guess it also depends how much they paid for it

MAP
    ?

The listed price is ALWAYS the "starting" price. Offer low and then wait for a counter offer.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good advice I'll look over it closely this time, and tell how it goes. Thanks

Sometimes it's nice to have good 'used' pieces, as they
    show a lot of character. Good luck in your haggling.

Knowing how pawn shops usually operate, they likely
    paid between $10 and $20 for it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks and that's what I thought too. So even my low ball offer allows them to make some money.

I offered $65 and the guy I talked to said it was too low, the best they could do is $85, but I didn't get it because I already planned not to spend over $75. I did make a mistake before, this one is made by Ka-bar. When I saw a stamp on the guard I assumed it was Camillus. Are Ka-bar knives worth more?

I'm surprised they didn't meet you half way at $75.

Ka-Bar are more in demand and do go for more, but condition
    is a factor. Also - and more importantly - the markings need
    to be known to ascertain it's true age and pedigree.

Just me, but if I were purchasing a Ka-Bar, I'd want
    an original leather sheath over the fiber.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Are the fiber sheaths not original on a WWII Ka-bar? I thought the Mk 2 only had fiber sheaths but I may be mistaken.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast