Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

William Rodgers dagger

Article about: Sorry guys me again after advice, i have spotted this and wonder if anyone as one or knowledge of them description is Sheffield made Commando Knife William Rodgers One of several salvaged fr

Default William Rodgers dagger

Sorry guys me again after advice, i have spotted this and wonder if anyone as one or knowledge of them description is
    Sheffield made Commando Knife
    William Rodgers
    One of several salvaged from a workshop in the 1960s made quite some time before. Recently cleaned by a cutler. New sheath.
    i know these were never military issued and would have been a private purchase its the era, would this be post war
    thanks for any help in advance again, asking price is £45 delivered.
    William Rodgers dagger
    William Rodgers dagger
    William Rodgers dagger

Personally that would be too much for me, although I don't really know the going rate for these. I think the fact that it had been cleaned to such a shine and it had a new sheath would bother me. I too have heard that these were private purchase during the War. I also saved this image from the cover of an Elite magazine that shows a similar one being used post war.

The caption is: 'A soldier of the 33rd Para Light Regiment, Royal Artillery, Suez.'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture William Rodgers dagger  

I used to have one of these as a kid, cannot remember what happened to it, probably swapped it for something
    Ben

These knives crop up regularly, I have one myself, private purchase item as has already been said, I like them personally but one in a collection is enough...this one has been 'over restored' in my opinion and would'nt interest me.........£45 would be the top end for one in good condition although I see them at militaria fairs often £60 plus being asked, the justification seems to be that some sellers believe it is an F-S bladed variant knife which was issued to Commandos........complete rot I know but some try it on.

Thanks for the advice gents I will pass it by and bide my time, glad I asked the question before purchase