Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

ww1 reissued brass knuckles/trench knife

Article about: Hello all! i went to a local gun show and came upon one of these brass knuckles/ knives. i dont know much about these because i mainly stick with m-1 helmets but want to expand my knowledge

MAP
    ?

No problem. More fakes than originals of these knives by a measure of 10,000:1. Just look online. I even have one from when I was a kid. The interesting part is that someone tried to pair it up with an older scabbard.

I think originals of these are $500+.

But keep on researching, I could be wrong.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

ok thanks for all the help guys, i am going to go back to the guy tomorrow to try and get a refund we will see what happens.

MAP
    ?

Go armed with what was in that thread I showed you. Maybe even print out some of the pictures or at least list out the differences so it shows him you know what you are talking about. And don't forget to tell him that all Au Lions are marked.

Edit: Another note: The retaining nut on originals have a round base (i.e. the six sides do not go all the way down and touch the brass handle). Like I said, lots of things on this one don't add up.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Even though its a repro it was very common for soldiers to remove a side of the handle suited to their wear side as with this removed the knife laid flat against the body

but this was probably shaved down to look like it, guy i got it from said it was ww1 trench knife that was modified (taking off the side of the handle) and then instead of the metal sheathe it was refitted for a ww2 leather sheathe.

?

Yeah that's what I meant,its a repro but that practice was common on originals

being a repro and not an antique foes anyone know the laws for owning these in new york?

MAP
    ?

Correct...the communists dictatorship of New York

?

Yes, like the knife, the scabbard is a modern reproduction. They have been for sale recently but I can't find a current link.

Best to get your money back if possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast