Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 US Machete??

Article about: Is this a WW2 US Machete? It belongs to a friend who recently inherited it from her father. It has the words collins and co made in USA no. 18 on the blade. Any help appreciated also in rega

Default WW2 US Machete??

Is this a WW2 US Machete? It belongs to a friend who recently inherited it from her father. It has the words collins and co made in USA no. 18 on the blade. Any help appreciated also in regards to value as she may look to sell it on the forum. Thanks, Nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 US Machete??   WW2 US Machete??  

WW2 US Machete??   WW2 US Machete??  

WW2 US Machete??   WW2 US Machete??  

CBH
    ?

Default Re: WW2 US Machete??

It is a V-44 fighting knife . Not sure if they are faking these yet or not , so I can't say if it original or not , just what it trying to be .
    These were included in aircraft survival kits prior to the war , used as fighting and utility knives in the South Pacific and where adopted by the 2nd Bn. Marine Raiders in 1942 . If it proves to be a good one ,its worth 300-450 $ Good luck hope an expert can confirm it's originality for you .

Looks like a perfectly good V44 to me.
    They were made by several different companies. My own example was made by Case.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you for the information and the quick replies, Nic.

Beautiful knife these are hard to come buy Ive only seen a few for sale in person. -Ben

Very nice knife.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you for your comments, I will pass them on to my friend. I did advise her to put it up for sale on this sight but reckon she will go for ebay. Thank you, nic.

?

Good pics. Nice knife.

Supplying a behemoth of a Bowie as a utility knife to aircrews - only in America!!
    (and I mean that in a good way )

Quote by CBH View Post
    It is a V-44 fighting knife . Not sure if they are faking these yet or not , so I can't say if it original or not , just what it trying to be .
    These were included in aircraft survival kits prior to the war , used as fighting and utility knives in the South Pacific and where adopted by the 2nd Bn. Marine Raiders in 1942 . If it proves to be a good one ,its worth 300-450 $ Good luck hope an expert can confirm it's originality for you .
    Super info. Saved me a search. Thanks.

As for dedicated machetes, my favourite is the folding CATTARAUGUS.

This knife is now for sale in the classifieds section. Thanks, nic.