Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

wwii #1 pattern John Ek knife

Article about: just got the knife from a yard sale . lady said was her husbands from the military in wwii and he was in the pacific theater . she didnt know much more about it. can anyone tell me was it mi

Default re: wwii #1 pattern John Ek knife

I Re Hilted the one on the Bottom.

?

Great, that you chime in, mr Ek!
    What a fantastic thread and knife.
    Im a huge fan of Ek knives, but only have a few more modern Bowies.
    Ive always wanted one of the older/vintage ones. A great catch.
    Ek knives are wonderful sturdy no nonsense knives made for VERY hard use.

?

I wanted to bring this one with me to Afghanistan, but might not have been allowed to bring it back and I didnt want to risk losing it.
    A great sturdy and practically indestructable knife.

I like my old FS for the historic angle, but the Ek daggers are of course more tough

Here my Randall for comparison

Hi Gary, welcome to the Forum. It is an honor to have you with us.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

THANK YOU!
    My father's Company was Responsible for putting over 100,000 Ek Commando knives in the hands of Servicemen all over the world... From 1939 to 1976, when I took over operations in Miami. In 1984 the co. was sold to the American Historical Foundation in Richmond, Va.

I am Now in Key West.
    As a night time Radio Personality....
    on 104.9 THE X
    Home
    - Gary Whitney Ek

I LOVE the RANDALL, the Ek Bowie was my Design !

APPRAISALS AVAILABLE on Ek Knives, as well as Sharpening, Repairs, and Restoration on all edged weapons and cutlery by Master Cutler - Gary Whitney Ek - since 1971. EKcellent Sharpening Service 209-854-HELL (4355)
    Mission
    "Life is too short to be Dull!"
    Company Overview
    John Ek was a Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts, Connecticut State Militia Member, A Hobby and Model Train shop owner in Guilford CT, a Bicycle maker, a Knifemaker (John Ek Commando Knives, Hamden CT - Ek Commando Knives, Miami), a Boat Builder (Zip Sloops), a Marina Owner and Auctioneer (Clinton Harbor Marina, CT and Pelican Harbor Marina in Miami, FL), a Gun Shop Owner (Seminole Gun Shop), a Private...See More
    Description
    We offer detailed information and Appraisals on Ek Knives, as well as Sharpening,Repairs and Restoration on all edged weapons, and cutlery by Master Cutler - Gary Whitney Ek (a knifemaker and bladesmith) since 1971.
    General Information
    John Ek was a Knifemaker in WW2 in Hamden, CT. Then he owned Seminole Gun Shop in Miami in 1960's , as he was working with the Justice Department on the Bay of Pigs Invasion as a Private Investigator, Made Knives There. I began Knife Making in 1971. Send E-Mail to ekcellentknifeco@gmail.com
    or you may call Gary W. Ek at 209-854-4355

APPRAISALS AVAILABLE on Ek Knives, as well as Sharpening, Repairs, and Restoration on all edged weapons and cutlery by Master Cutler - Gary Whitney Ek - since 1971. EKcellent Sharpening Service 209-854-HELL (4355)
    Mission
    "Life is too short to be Dull!"
    Company Overview
    John Ek was a Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts, Connecticut State Militia Member, A Hobby and Model Train shop owner in Guilford CT, a Bicycle maker, a Knifemaker (John Ek Commando Knives, Hamden CT - Ek Commando Knives, Miami), a Boat Builder (Zip Sloops), a Marina Owner and Auctioneer (Clinton Harbor Marina, CT and Pelican Harbor Marina in Miami, FL), a Gun Shop Owner (Seminole Gun Shop), a Private...See More
    Description
    We offer detailed information and Appraisals on Ek Knives, as well as Sharpening,Repairs and Restoration on all edged weapons, and cutlery by Master Cutler - Gary Whitney Ek (a knifemaker and bladesmith) since 1971.
    General Information
    John Ek was a Knifemaker in WW2 in Hamden, CT. Then he owned Seminole Gun Shop in Miami in 1960's , as he was working with the Justice Department on the Bay of Pigs Invasion as a Private Investigator, Made Knives There. I began Knife Making in 1971. Send E-Mail to ekcellentknifeco@gmail.com
    or you may call Gary W. Ek at 209-854-4355

Quote by Gary Whitney Ek View Post
    I Re Hilted the one on the Bottom.
    Are you referring to the one that I posted?

I bought that knife many years ago from a gentleman
    who bought it directly from you. I have a copy of a
    that you wrote that detailed some of the history of
    the knife.

BTW- Welcome aboard.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi, I am new to this site and found it by Googling "John Ek knife".

My husband found this John Ek knife in a tool shed of a house he was demolishing, along with two other knives. The Ek knife was wrapped with some kind of tape that had been melted in a fire and my husband peeled it off. Here are a few pictures of it (tape removed) and the other two knives. They all have sheaths, but I forgot to take the pic of the sheath that the Ek knife was in, but it has a name carved on it that says "Hank".

As you can see, one side of the knife is missing a piece of the metal that holds the handle together and the wood is cracked. Is there anybody out there that can restore it? Or is it not worth it? We don't intend on keeping any of these knives, but would like to get them to somebody who would care for them in a nice collection.

Thank you,

Annie

side 1

close up

side 2 - you can see that missing rivet or whatever its called, and the wood is cracked

Here you can see the other two knives

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast