Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

wwii #1 pattern John Ek knife

Article about: just got the knife from a yard sale . lady said was her husbands from the military in wwii and he was in the pacific theater . she didnt know much more about it. can anyone tell me was it mi

Default re: wwii #1 pattern John Ek knife

Okay, but it won't be until tomorrow because they are in his machine at work.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Know-it-all!!

JUST KIDDING!

By triangle pattern, you mean the small triangle formed by the grind right where the blade joins the handguard?

Is that supposed to signify a real as opposed to a fake, did the issue knives have that or what do you mean?
    As I said in my earlier post, this indicates a second pattern style of blade. Also, I don't believe they are making copies of the second pattern blade. It is possible I guess, just that I have not seen one yet. Here is a very good site, (posted elsewhere by Vicky) on F-S knives. This site deals strictly with Wilkinson produced knives but there is a lot of very good information there.
    The Wilkinson Second Pattern F-S

You are most welcome Annie and I do recommend that you contact Mr. Gary Whitney Ek who so kindly posted his contact information earlier in this thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    As I said in my earlier post, this indicates a second pattern style of blade. Also, I don't believe they are making copies of the second pattern blade. It is possible I guess, just that I have not seen one yet. Here is a very good site, (posted elsewhere by Vicky) on F-S knives. This site deals strictly with Wilkinson produced knives but there is a lot of very good information there.
    The Wilkinson Second Pattern F-S

You are most welcome Annie and I do recommend that you contact Mr. Gary Whitney Ek who so kindly posted his contact information earlier in this thread.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph! I'll be sending an email to Mr. Ek.

You guys got me so curious that I spent the last hour looking over the internet for information on the other two knives and I think I found what looks just like them. But this site says they are 3rd pattern f-s. Here is the link 3rd Pattern arrow42 without No

The handle is the same, the top of our knife is identical to the top of the one on that website and the blades have the same v shape. No mould mark on ours either and the same 42 arrow stamp. Here, I'll post another picture of our blade closeup. Up close, you can see the one on the right is also in overall better shape than the one on the left.

What do you think?

The knives are indeed 3rd pattern knives however the blade
    style is that of the 2nd pattern knives. That is a good thing.
    It helps to date the knives as being ww2 era or just post ww2
    era made knives. I would have no problem adding either one
    of these knives to my collection.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Please post pics of the remainder of the knives.
    They might be military knives as well.
    Some knives as used by GI were indeed more flat than usual.
    You should have no problem what so ever selling the knives; if they are the real thing - and that seems to be the case - they are all very much sought after blades.
    Okay, here are the other knives. I was wrong, there were more than just the flat knives.
    There are 3 of the flat ones, but I only took a picture of one so I could get pics of the others in the shot. Also, there was another one of those FS knives, but the markings on it are different. It has the letter "I" with the arrow mark and England stamped on it, and this one has a mould mark number "1" on the top of the handle. Here are pics:

?

Okay, thanks for pics.

Top is either a US M3 fighting knife or an M4 bayonet carried by those issued the M1 Carbine.
    Difficult to see from the angle, but I assume its the M4 bayonet judging from the pommel with what looks to have the locking device for the carbine bayonet lug.
    If the handguard has no ring, its the M3. If the handguard has a hole in it/a ring, its the M4 - I suspect the latter.

The flat knife is a classic throwing knife pattern. Typically comes in sets of three or four or more, which coincides with your statement in regards to there being several identical knifes.

Third one down looks to be a home made or theatre made knife.

Last one is a commercial hunting knife of standard pattern.

The M4 is worth a bit of money to a WWII collector but nothing like the EK or the FS knives.

Depending on what it says on the commercial hunting knife, it might be worth something to a collector of that kind of knives due to the age of the knife, but again nothing like the above mentioned EK and FS knives.

Thank you for explaining the other knives, and yes, the one you call a M4 bayonet has a hole in the hand guard. The commercial knife says Puma Skinner on it and its made in Germany. The handle seems to be made out of some kind of bone.

I really appreciate everyone's kindness and help in identifying all these knives. This site is wonderful!

Now I need to find out what they are worth and find someone who will buy them as we have no interest in keeping this stuff. I wrote to Mr. Ek, and got a reply today. The Ek knife is real

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4