Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which WWII Bayonet?

Article about: My first thought when I saw the pictures was that it was an Ek knife. However the rivets on Ek knives were poured lead and would be pretty much non reflective. Mine does not have a cross gua

Default Which WWII Bayonet?

This is a picture of my dad who served as a member of the Army 186th Field Artillery Battalion. I was wondering which model bayonet he is equipped with. The picture was taken Germany or Czechoslovakia in either late 1944 or early 1945.

Thanks for the help

Which WWII Bayonet?

Looks a little short for a bayonet, some sort of fighting knife?..

I also think it's a fighting knife of some sort... the scabbard seems to be made of leather?

its a knife.

OK, any idea which knife it was? The twin rivets on the handle don't seem to match anything I can find by googling "WWII army fighting knive."

Quote by lsimpson50 View Post
    OK, any idea which knife it was? The twin rivets on the handle don't seem to match anything I can find by googling "WWII army fighting knive."
    Which WWII Bayonet?

It doesn't look like anything US issued but it could be something he picked up, the photo is a German 84/98 cut down bayonet fighting knife and looks sort of similar!..

Yep - a fighting/utility knife - could be anything.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Greetings,

I would definitively agree, it is some sort of knife (not a bayonet) and unlike any standard U.S. manufactured/issued pattern that I'm aware of. It may be a "theater Made" knife as already alluded too or something sent fro home by a concerned family member. Initially, I thought it might be a Kennedy Bros. Arms Company Knife KENNEDY BROS ARMS CO. - ST PAUL - LITTLE JOE'S TRADING POST but upon closer examination it's clear the crossguard is all wrong. The same would apply to the only other similar styled (patterned) knives made by the John Ek Company. It is still awesome that you have the photo and that you have chosen to share it with all of us. Thank you, for choosing to do so.

Regards,

Lance

Thanks for the ideas guys. Could have been a field find. He landed on Omaha Beach +2, fought in a couple of battles in Northern France, then fought in Rhineland (Siegfried line assault and Roer Dams) and then fought in the Battle of the Bulge - all these before the picture was taken. He went on from there ultimately ending up in Pilsen in the spring of 45.

Kennedy Broes might be a good guess
    Here is my example to give an idea what it looks like.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Which WWII Bayonet?  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast