Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Folder Blade

Article about: Howdy, my Uncle brought this back from the Pacific war. Been in the family a long time and I've had it for some years. I have an idea what it is. New to WRW, really like this forum. Jeff

?

Default WWII Folder Blade

Howdy, my Uncle brought this back from the Pacific war. Been in the family a long time and I've had it for some years. I have an idea what it is. New to WRW, really like this forum.

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Folder Blade   WWII Folder Blade  

WWII Folder Blade   WWII Folder Blade  

WWII Folder Blade  

?

And a Big Howdy back at ya from the desert's of Arizona!!
    Very Nice machete and it has the blade guard. They were packed in Aircraft emergency survival kits.
    I have one of those in my collection.
    Was you Uncle an Aviator?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Greetings Jeff,

Here's a scan from Cole's Book III U.S.MILITARY KNIVES- BAYONETS & MACHETES BOOK III: M. H. Cole: Amazon.com: Books I love pieces with family connections, thanks for the share.

Regards,

Lance

Double click scan to enlarge

WWII Folder Blade

Nice survival machete.
    They were also made in a fixed blade style---
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Folder Blade  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Wow, what a great number of responses...amazing! Will share more about this old folder and Uncle Earl soon.

?

Guys, really like the pic of other machetes and the great scan from the Mr. Cole's book. Uncle Earl was not an Aviator. He was US Navy from 1943 up thru the late 1960s. Was in the landing craft LVT groups during WWII - Bougainville, Saipan and other places. Later Occupation of Japan, and was on the USS Toledo heavy cruiser in the Korean War. From time to time he would send a wooden crate back to my Dad (who was a kid at the time) in the States. This machete was in one of those crates. Not sure exactly how or where he picked the machete up. Here's another pic of the machete, along with his medals, a picture of him, and a family picture when he was about to ship out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Folder Blade  

?

That is great info weller! Thanks for sharing it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Phil ! And this forum is great! Told my Dad today what I confirmed about the machete and he loved it. Here is another pic that includes a couple of 1917 Bolo's that I inherited as well. Also some nice period photos I found on the internet recently.

BTW - my name is Jeff. Weller is the last name of the guy that won the Iron Cross in my avatar pic...also an old family member.

Cheers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Folder Blade   WWII Folder Blade  

WWII Folder Blade  

Jeff - those bolo's are beautiful.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve. Grandfather was in a US Reserves tank crew in the early 1920's, and from the group pic I have of his unit I'd guess they were still issuing the Bolo's based on the uniforms and gear I can see, so I guess these came from him. As a kid used to take one of these Bolo's out in the woods and build forts using it...quite a sturdy, tough piece!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast