Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWII USN/UAAF Survival Raft Knife

Article about: This is a standard WWII issue raft knife issued to pilots. Note the rounded edges to reduce the problem with piercing the runner raft (a real concern in shark infested waters). This one is m

Default WWII USN/UAAF Survival Raft Knife

This is a standard WWII issue raft knife issued to pilots. Note the rounded edges to reduce the problem with piercing the runner raft (a real concern in shark infested waters). This one is manufactured by Western. The handle is hollow and made from wood, so it floats and is yellow-orange for easy discovery. A cord is attached to the leather sheath to keep them together and the knife is attached with a single snap; which is in working condition. The dark color on the blade is the original protective coating to reduce the possibility of rust.

REF: COLES III Page 173

?

Nice. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

MAP
    ?

A first for me! Very nice!

Had to laugh though....a bunch of overprotective first time parents couldn't have come up with a safer design
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Is this another one that you are trying to sell? Are you going to post this in the classified section of the forum?

Quote by MAP View Post
    A first for me! Very nice!

Had to laugh though....a bunch of overprotective first time parents couldn't have come up with a safer design
    I agree. Every once in a while, the government gets it right (every once in a while).