Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

273rd Ordnance Company ( anti aircraft )

Article about: Might be a long shot, but does anyone have an information or know where I can look for some information on the U.S. 273rd Ordnance Company ( anitaircraft ). My stepdad's father Lawrence Fran

?

Default 273rd Ordnance Company ( anti aircraft )

Might be a long shot, but does anyone have an information or know where I can look for some information on the U.S. 273rd Ordnance Company ( anitaircraft ). My stepdad's father Lawrence Frank Kaiser was a technician fourth grade in this unit. I have his discharge papers and some other documents from his service, but I'm trying to find some information on his unit and their role in the battles they were in. His discharge lists the campaigns of the Central Europe, the Ardennes, Normandy, Northern France, and the Rhineland. Being in a support unit, I know information may be limited, but anything anyone could contribute would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Being in an ordnance company he would have been responsible for repairing equipment brought in from the battlefield, damaged AA guns, vehicles etc. Doing some heavy engineering and putting these things back into use. They were certainly stationed in England before D day.