Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

34th armoured division T force badge and photos

Article about: I have an photo album from a corporal called Frank in the 34th armoured he was in T force mopping up information/usefull artifacts or scientists just post ww2 in Germany. His favorite ride a

Default 34th armoured division T force badge and photos

I have an photo album from a corporal called Frank in the 34th armoured he was in T force mopping up information/usefull artifacts or scientists just post ww2 in Germany.
    His favorite ride appears to be a vw beetle but also shows humber snipe.
    I would like to know more about the man and more about T force if anyone can help other than the usual stuff on interweb.
    Heres a taster of pictures and i would also like to know what the [trade]? badge is he has on his arm,the other arm not shown here has normal ww1 tank badge.34th armoured division T force badge and photos34th armoured division T force badge and photos34th armoured division T force badge and photos34th armoured division T force badge and photos

You might be better off posting it on the British and Commonwealth badge forum, if you want I can do this for you. John.

Yes please John.

The badge above the stripe is a brass badge worn only on the left sleeve by the 9th.Royal Tank Regiment. Awarded by the French in 1918 for the battle of Souvillers.Brass bursting grenade within a buckled belt and on the belt the French words "Quis"y Frottte, S"Y Brule, He who rubs me burns himself. There is also a book called The T Force story, T Force opperations in N.W Europe 1944---1945 produced by the 5th. Kings Old Comrades Assn. All this info came from people on the British and Commonwealth badge forum, John.

Well done John thats fantastic,opened up a whole new line of research on 9rtr ,and ive got to find a badge.Thanks very much Colin.
    Attached Images Attached Images 34th armoured division T force badge and photos 

Thats O.K. one of the members on the British and Commonwealth badge forum, one who gave a lot of the info, asked me to ask you if it would be possible to have a clearer picture of the arm with the badges on it. If you go onto the Badge forum and go to the bottom of the second box you will see , pictures etc. a lot more info about the T unit has been posted since I last looked. Hurry up as I may be banned from it because in temper I just posted a really snotty letter on there, not about the T service but about something else. The person who wanted the clearer picture is Postwarden, Jon, thanks, John.

Default Badge update

I managed to find a brass badge on ebay france for vey little money 34th armoured division T force badge and photos