Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

82nd Airborne member

Article about: Need some help here. There is a potential grouping for a member of the 82nd Airborne. Trying to figure out when and where he might of fought (D-Day?) All I have is the Soldiers name. John J

M,

I meant to say that we can try to get his complete records DD 214 and such from St Louis. There is a form to fill out and send in. If you ask your friend if they want to peruse this route let me know and I will talk you through the process. If the records are there and have not been destroyed in the 72 fire you may get many questions answered. You have most of what you need from the NARA database information such as Army Serial number and name so it will not be too difficult for a researcher to pull his file and photocopy the records and send them. There will be a fee if records are found, anywhere from minimum of $25 to max fee of $70, but it is completely worth the money..

Just let me know Brother and I will be glad to help you..

I may even do a tutorial link to show folks how to go about requesting military records from the National Archives..

Smitty

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post

I may even do a tutorial link to show folks how to go about requesting military records from the National Archives..

Smitty

I think that would be greatly appreciated by many. I have done some NARA searches and it does help to have a clue on what you are trying to get.

Semper Fi
    Phil

So, At the request of some members of the forum I will post a tutorial on the process to obtain military service records..

This will be under a separate topic under RESEARCH.. It will be ready in a few days.. By Friday of this week 9/14/18, I should have it posted..

Smitty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3