Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

83 & 85 RAAF Squadrons Information

Article about: Hi Guys, I’m seeking any information regarding the 83 and 85 RAAF Squadrons during WWII. My grandfather was involved in these units as a LAC ground crew. Does anyone know if the squadrons ha

?

Default 83 & 85 RAAF Squadrons Information

Hi Guys,
    I’m seeking any information regarding the 83 and 85 RAAF Squadrons during WWII. My grandfather was involved in these units as a LAC ground crew. Does anyone know if the squadrons have unit histories?
    I have got his service record. But that is as far as I have been able to go with the research, so any help your be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Try looking on the web, Wikepedia has some very good information on both squadrons.

Bob

im a bit late replying but ill have a look for you groundcrew is hard to trace

I have the 83 squadron unit history - but it is rare and expensive and is basically focused on aircrew, not much chance of any mention of an LAC.

?

Hi Asterperious,
    Thanks for the reply. I have been searching for the Unit History and wasnt even sure that one existed! Can you give me the name and author of the book and i will see if i can track a copy down.
    Thanks in advance
    Michael