Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Hero has Perished

Article about: The only people ive met that were WWII Veterans was My moms friends Father that was a German Tank Commander during WWII. My Great Uncle who was in the first army. And one of my local flea ma

?

Default Another Hero has Perished

Another hero has died! I Just herd that Lieutenant Lynn "Buck" Compton from Easy company (506th) also known from band of brothers died today. He will always be in our hearts as a hero. I offer my condolences to his family. He will always be remembered
    Ryan
    Last edited by Ryan B; 02-27-2012 at 05:52 AM.

Default Re: Another Hero has Perished

Damn, that is a shame. He will be missed.

?

I just saw act of valor and this made me even more depressed that hero's like this are dieing by the day and its up to us collectors to keep their legacy up and lively.
    Ryan

?

Old warriors pass every day. It is always sad.

With each passing veteran, it feels like the past is getting further and further behind. Get their stories now, before they are lost to time. Rest in peace, Lt., you will be remembered. You will all be remembered.

?

Here is his photo from the series and his actual photo.
    R.I.P Lt Compton
    Ryan
    Attached Images Attached Images Another Hero has Perished  Another Hero has Perished 

I was fortunate to meet Mr. Compton at the SOS in the veteran's corner and have him autograph a copy of his book and a photo for me. There are usually four Easy Company men at the show. This year, there was only McLung. It is news like this that make us realize we are all here for a limited time. Very sad news indeed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Very True Bob i wish i had an oppurtunity to go to that show because these men are passing away by the day. I really would like to meet one before i lose my oppurtunity.
    Ryan

I have had the good fortune to meet Joe Lesniewski of Easy Co., who lives only a few minutes away from me. It's a shame that these men are passing away. Even sadder is the fact that I will inevitably see "Last known WWII veteran dies" in the headlines someday.

Thank you for your service, Buck. RIP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast