Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Dog Tag: Royal Army Veterinary Corps?

Article about: A recent purchase: a British or Commonwealth (Indian?) dog tag to J. W. Linkins, CIM (?) service number X 99730: the seller sold it together with a RAVC OR cap badge, stating it was a sinlge

Default British Dog Tag: Royal Army Veterinary Corps?

A recent purchase: a British or Commonwealth (Indian?) dog tag to J. W. Linkins, CIM (Or CIMX?) service number X 99730: the seller sold it together with a RAVC OR cap badge, stating it was to be considered as a single lot, but I could not find what service numbers were allotted to the Rpayl Army Veterinary Corps during WWII nor what CIM or CIMX could stand for, neither what P/O MM could also stand for... any hints? Thank you in advance for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Dog Tag: Royal Army Veterinary Corps?  

Hi Loupie,
    Its a Royal Navy identity Disc. Its slightly outside my interest but the P/O is probably Petty Officer and the x denotes he joined the Navy post 1925. Hope that helps.
    Cheers
    Gary

Quote by hangarman View Post
    Hi Loupie,
    Its a Royal Navy identity Disc. Its slightly outside my interest but the P/O is probably Petty Officer and the x denotes he joined the Navy post 1925. Hope that helps.
    Cheers
    Gary
    Thank you Gary! Not my collecting field, either, but still nice to know what one has got in his own collection...