Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Brothers meet in India after four years

Article about: thease are pics of my uncle jimmy who recently passed away, he was one of the most funny men who i ever known, he used to tell me the stories (when i asked him to) about the time he spent in

Default Brothers meet in India after four years

thease are pics of my uncle jimmy who recently passed away,
    he was one of the most funny men who i ever known, he used to tell me the stories (when i asked him to) about the time he spent in the jungle and how a tiger terrorised a village, so uncle jimmy and his mates decided to" help them out" after they decided who would have what part of the tiger ie: tail, paw, teeth they decided to put explosive under the carcase of a dead animal and wait for the tiger to turn up, eventually it did, they set the charge off and he said it blew it to millions of pieces and not one of the guys had anything to take as a momentum, i have recently been told that he was in the chindits, my father has given me this paper clipping what he found of him and when he met his brother after four years of not seeing him, When i used to ask Jimmy what ha served in he used to say "i was a chef in the silly squad". i was amazed what i found out what he must have went through after i found out where he must have beeni hope i have posted this in the right place if not please move it guys
    hope you find this as interesting as me cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brothers meet in India after four years   Brothers meet in India after four years  

Brothers meet in India after four years  

Default Re: Brothers meet in India after four years

Hi Ronnie, nice story You can certainly see that they were brothers.

Cheers, Ade.

Wow, one of Wingates boys !

Due to the high casualty rate of the Chindits he was lucky to be able to tell you these nice stories

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thanks guys for the nice comments, yes Nick i think he never forgot how lucky he was. he always was joker even up till he pased away in hospital he used to give the nurses joke sweets that made their tounge black, he even borrowed a doctors coat one day and went around the ward checking patients out and telling them to go home there was nothing wrong with them thats when he did get told off though
    thanx again Ronnie

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    thease are pics of my uncle jimmy who recently passed away,
    he was one of the most funny men who i ever known, he used to tell me the stories (when i asked him to) about the time he spent in the jungle and how a tiger terrorised a village, so uncle jimmy and his mates decided to" help them out" after they decided who would have what part of the tiger ie: tail, paw, teeth they decided to put explosive under the carcase of a dead animal and wait for the tiger to turn up, eventually it did, they set the charge off and he said it blew it to millions of pieces and not one of the guys had anything to take as a momentum, i have recently been told that he was in the chindits, my father has given me this paper clipping what he found of him and when he met his brother after four years of not seeing him, When i used to ask Jimmy what ha served in he used to say "i was a chef in the silly squad". i was amazed what i found out what he must have went through after i found out where he must have beeni hope i have posted this in the right place if not please move it guys
    hope you find this as interesting as me cheers Ronnie
    Ronnie, Great story, this is what collecting is all about...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Ronnie, Great story, this is what collecting is all about...BILL
    thank's Bill glad you enjoyed it

Ronnie