Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Bug haul of personal letters from WW2.

Article about: Hello all! I found this box of letters, and war documents from 1944-1945 (Of what I have read so far.) I this haul was from a Estate sale. I got every letter and photograph that was left ove

Default Bug haul of personal letters from WW2.

Hello all! I found this box of letters, and war documents from 1944-1945 (Of what I have read so far.) I this haul was from a Estate sale. I got every letter and photograph that was left over, that I could find. I am very interested in preserving history. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when the woman running the Estate sale said the price for all of the documents, letters, and photographs. Some of the documents say Secret on the bottom. Most of those documents talk about troop movements. I was happy to find at least four "American Red Cross Map of Paris". I have never seen these maps before. There was one Private stripe in the box as well.

Default Re: Bug haul of personal letters from WW2.

Here are just some of the photos. I hope you like them !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bug haul of personal letters from WW2.   Bug haul of personal letters from WW2.  

Bug haul of personal letters from WW2.   Bug haul of personal letters from WW2.  

Bug haul of personal letters from WW2.   Bug haul of personal letters from WW2.  

Cool! Can't wait to hear what they say.

I sadly can hardly read cursive writing so it is going slowly. I am still separating the paperwork into letters and documents. All of the paper work all miked together when I go it so I am guess this is the fastest way to shot thorough the documents. I am excited to see what else I find. Thank you for your post.

From Alex

I just found, "The Japanese Government Five Centavos". So I hope the goodies keep coming !

From Alex

I really have an appreciation for such finds...I put a decent WWII US Forces and Homefront grouping together out of such finds and put the nicest items in a large frame for display...and the research can be a lot of fun as well, of course...Nice find!
    cheers, Glenn

Hey Glenn, good to know that I am not the only one on here that likes to find what I found. Do you have a post of your WWII US Forces and Homefront grouping? I would love to see a few pictures of what you did! I am wondering do you know were I can get clear artifact "sleeves" "folders" (or what ever they are called) for a cheep price? Thank you for your help. I look forward to hearing from you!

From Alex

It is a great find and i agree with Glenn, its a fantastic research opportunity.
    Give us a description and keep us posted on what you find.
    Cheers
    Nuno