Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can anyone help me

Article about: I am trying to find information on my uncle - Nigel Bowerman - he was a Japanese prisoner of war, in Malaya I think. that’s all i know !!!. can anyone tell me where i can get more info

CHRISDAVIES
    ?

Default Can anyone help me

I am trying to find information on my uncle - Nigel Bowerman - he was a Japanese prisoner of war, in Malaya I think. that’s all i know !!!. can anyone tell me where i can get more information,

many thanks,

Chris Davies
    email me at chris-davies@shaw.ca

Default Re: Can anyone help me

Chris,
    I don't know what country you are from but here in the U.S. my guess would be the Veterans Administration. I'm sure each country has their equivalant of the VA. Often obtaining records can be difficult but I would imagine a POW would be well documented. Good Luck on your search.

Mike

CHRISDAVIES
    ?

thanks mike, I live in Canada but my uncle was British. I will do a bit of looking around,

thanks again,
    Chris.

?

Hi Chris.

If you have any idea what his regiment/arm of service was, you could try contacting the appropriate regimental museum.
    Manning and Records Office in Glasgow, Scotland may also be able to help, but Im not sure how much information you will need to start with.
    Sorry I cant be any more help.

Regards etc
    Ian

CHRISDAVIES
    ?

Hi Thanks, I dont have an idea of what regiment he was in, I do have a picture of him in uniform, this is what is written on the back, I can send it to anyone if you let me have emails.

This photo was taken at Suez about October 20th on the way home from Borneo. Here I weighed 8st 6 pounds. Now 11 stones, to have put on 2.5 stone in five weeks it seems silly but that’s nearly a 1b a day. The fellow with me is James Hinckley a pal of mine, he lives in Newcastle.
    Yours till elephants wear corsets, Nigel

Hi Chris, I will post the photo for you. I have just sent you a PM.

Cheers, Ade.

I would imagine that him being British and Britan did win the war (although from what I understand it didn't feel like it. Nobody rebuilt them.) They would have records. POW's are not something that any country tried to hide. I'll bet you'll be able to find info on him. If it was Germany Poland Russia maybe not, but England; I think you've got a good chance.

Posted for Chris.

Sadly it gives no clues as to his Regt or Corps.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help me  

ILH
    ?

Hi Chris,
    I know you don't have much to go on, but it might be worth writing to the International Red Cross in Geneva.
    this link explains how;

Records of prisoners of war | British Red Cross

cheers, jim.

CHRISDAVIES
    ?

Many thanks, I will check it out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.