Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian service number

Article about: Can anyone help me research a named Canadain helmet it was marked F 36023 Burgess W W It is hard to make out as it is pencil , thank you all for the help

CBH
    ?

Default Canadian service number

Can anyone help me research a named Canadain helmet
    it was marked F 36023 Burgess W W
    It is hard to make out as it is pencil , thank you all for the help

CBH
    ?

Here are a couple of shots of it .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian service number   Canadian service number  

CBH
    ?

All I've been able to find so far was the F prefix was usually from Nova Scotia .

?

I've just tried searching Canadian records and it appears they only have details of servicemen who were killed, it looks like W W Burgess was lucky and survived.

From Second World War: 1939-1945 - Library and Archives Canada Called up for Canadian Armed Forces service during the Second World War (1939-1945) but never enrolled

Library and Archives Canada does not hold military personnel records of these individuals. These records are no longer in existence; they were destroyed under a Treasury Board Authority, dated 7 May 1964.

I hope someone knows another way of finding out who he was, perhaps the Canadian census?

Tony

CBH
    ?

Thank you Tony , for the help . I've got as far as the Archives of Canada myself but couldn't find anything more . I'll continue to look and if I find out more i'll post it . Thanks again for helping .