Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Clandestine radio - French Resistance

Article about: A recent auction of a very neat radio set built behind a small framed oil painting by French Resistance. Sadly I was an under-bidder It was hammered down for around £450 excluding auction ho

Default Clandestine radio - French Resistance

A recent auction of a very neat radio set built behind a small framed oil painting by French Resistance. Sadly I was an under-bidder

It was hammered down for around £450 excluding auction house commission.

Clandestine radio - French Resistance
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Default Re: Clandestine radio - French Resistance

That is awesome. That would be very easily over looked during a search.
    Sorry you couldn't get it. By Chance can you tell what the label says? I can't read it.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

I will only say thise once!
    Thise is a cool item!!
    ;-)
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That is awesome. That would be very easily over looked during a search.
    Sorry you couldn't get it. By Chance can you tell what the label says? I can't read it.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Sorry Phil, but these are the only photos I have from the auction website....a pity that I just missed out but then again I do not know what the final winner was prepared to go up to!
    Last edited by StefanM; 04-28-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

vintagerick
    ?

Default French Resistance crystal set

Hi there.
    I'm new to this forum but have been a collector / enthusiast since childhood 30 odd years ago... Hope you can help with this one;
    I've just acquired this crystal set from France. I was told that it was discovered by the guy I bought it froms cousin who is a carpenter. He was working on restoring a property on the outskirts of Paris and came across this box hidden in the roof rafters.
    I was intreagued but slightly sceptical inItaly because of the FFi emblem... However on closer inspection it all certainly 'feels' right... I removed the wood panel and this revealed all the connections to be in place... Looks to be like some British components as far as the dial and receiver headset goes. Also a wooden connection which plugs into a light socket which didn't make sense until I found this as an soe instruction too!
    I didn't pay a lot for it and although clearly not a soe item, it does appear to be a period made 'resistance' item as far as I can judge..... I would welcome any thoughts and opinions....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Clandestine radio - French Resistance  

A crystal receiver. Definitely not a transceiver. A very nice item though.