Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Current british army records search.

Article about: Is there a website to check army serial numbers for British soldiers who have served in the GWOT period? I have a uniform with Iraq and Afghanistan campaign ribbons on it to a corporal. Ther

Default Current british army records search.

Is there a website to check army serial numbers for British soldiers who have served in the GWOT period? I have a uniform with Iraq and Afghanistan campaign ribbons on it to a corporal. There is a last name and a service number in the uniform as well. Phillips 25139232 uniform has royal engineers buttons and a dark blue lanyard on the left shoulder. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

No website for this kind of info that I know of? This is really outside my collecting interests being modern.

But it sounds right to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    No website for this kind of info that I know of? This is really outside my collecting interests being modern.

But it sounds right to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you, hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction on this.

The problem you may have is he could still be serving and i think the MOD dont give out info on soldiers who have served in the last 20 years unless you are family

Quote by kradman View Post
    The problem you may have is he could still be serving and i think the MOD dont give out info on soldiers who have served in the last 20 years unless you are family
    I checked the uk.gov site. It said that unless it was over 20 years I could only get his full name and some other info, nothing relating to his awards or anything. But I don't know how well it would go me being from the US applying for a british soldiers record. If I had a first initial I could try to contact him or look him up easier.

I had a set of court mounted replica medals made to display on the uniform. I will say looking at my own personal dress uniform from the US army as compared to what the British army is issued I am jealous. Great looking uniform you Brits have!