Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Does Anyone Recognise This Signals Unit?

Article about: Hi all. I recently acquired this medal group and a small amount of associated paperwork. I am just wondering if anyone recognises the unit on the Military Drivers License? It reads 218 Ind.

Default Does Anyone Recognise This Signals Unit?

Hi all. I recently acquired this medal group and a small amount of associated paperwork. I am just wondering if anyone recognises the unit on the Military Drivers License? It reads 218 Ind. Comb. Ops. Sigs, so I presume a combined operations link. Although the date has been washed out I am guessing it is wartime as I have another piece of paperwork showing he was transferred from the Royal Signals to Z class reserves in 1947. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

I have also asked about this on the British Badge Forum and it was suggested that the Ind. may stand for Indian, which would make sense given the award of the Burma Star.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does Anyone Recognise This Signals Unit?   Does Anyone Recognise This Signals Unit?  

?

I've just been searching but didn't find anything. I wonder if the Royal Signals museum can help?

Tony

Thanks for having a look Tony, If I find nothing else I may fire off an email to them. Cheers.