Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Floyd C Browning Capt 0-129671 garment

Article about: Hello there, I am a new member and this is my first time posting here. I am trying to solve a mystery and return an item to the family of Floyd C Browning, Capt. While cleaning out our barn,

Default Floyd C Browning Capt 0-129671 garment

Hello there, I am a new member and this is my first time posting here. I am trying to solve a mystery and return an item to the family of Floyd C Browning, Capt.

While cleaning out our barn, my parents and I came across what appears from my googling to be a US Air Corps issued B4 garment/flight bag with the following info:

Floyd C Browning, Capt
    0-1297671

It was mailed to my grandfather from an unknown location. My grandfather's name was Leonidas "Lon" "Skinny" Seaborn Marks, born 9/6/24 in Pope, VA died 3/13/09 in Capron, VA.

I have tried locating this individual through various forms of searching, including looking for gravestones, looking through archive.gov, and other means, and cannot seem to locate him. Anyone have any hints?

I don't know (but may be able to locate) my grandfather's army info, like what division or whatever he was in. I know he enlisted later in the way and got sidelined in Pearl Harbor due to tonsillitis/appendicitis (cant remember which) but his ship was headed to the Philippines. He likely survived the war because he got sick and the ship left without him.

I would appreciate any help in locating this individual's records and his family, as I would like to return the bag to them if possible and if they want it.

Thank you in advance!

https://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg...&GRid=21017161

Not sure how much luck you might have but I think this is him. His children also passed away. He is also listed as a Major on Army records