Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Help with info on my grandfather-US army

Article about: I have very little info on my grandfathers service in the US army during ww2, minus his medals and a copy of his Honorable Discharge paper, he had passed before i was born, so i never got th

Default Re: Help with info on my grandfather-US army

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    wukkas = worries?

ozzie slang is so hard to understand, im barely used to my kiwi cousins and all their odd words lol
    on the money Mate hehe

still not able to access the site, ive turned off all security programs, used multiple browsers (firefox, chrome, IE) even tried proxy use, nothing!

still not able to access the site, ive turned off all security programs, used multiple browsers (firefox, chrome, IE) even tried proxy use, nothing!
    Still works here Check my PC time

i dont doubt your ability to access it, im just not sure why the hell i cant access my own country's archives lol

i dont doubt your ability to access it, im just not sure why the hell i cant access my own country's archives lol
    Sorry I can't help but it is a little strange hey!!!!!

It's working in Rivertucky.......

hahahaha rivertucky. used to rubber ducks and fontucky, never heard rivertucky. still getting a Server Not Found error aswell, im about to kick my ISPs ass!

more likely a locap problem (clear cookies etc...)

My daughter went to "Rubber Ducks" HS.....LOL

ive got my browser setup to clear cookies/cached files every time i exit the browser to decrease files piling up and slowing down my system.

used two other pcs in my house, and even my work computer and cannot access it, this is quite frustrating!
    Last edited by sunsetIE; 09-14-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Been all over NARA, no record of his serial # or name, or his unit for that matter, quite odd.

Ive been wondering about somethings on his discharge paper, he went to the ETO in August of 43, but the invasion wasnt until june of 44 so i wonder what he up to for that 10 months before the invasion? There is no mention of his being involved in d-day on his form, it only lists the campaigns for Rhineland and Northern France? And also, he was a Teletype Mechanic 239 in the AAF, yet he has no qualification badge that represents that skill such as the one below (google image), and if that was his official position, wouldnt he posses that badge? And why would a radio mechanic posses the Expert qual for a machine gun, and marksman for the carbine?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast