Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help tracing a sailor

Article about: Hi folks, I'm looking for some help tracing a mate of mines dad's ships he served on. He was awarded the '39-'45 star, Atlantic star, Pacific star & GSM. His details are: Alan William He

Default Help tracing a sailor

Hi folks, I'm looking for some help tracing a mate of mines dad's ships he served on. He was awarded the '39-'45 star, Atlantic star, Pacific star & GSM. His details are:
    Alan William Henry Clark
    Service no: C/JX 171430 (the "X" may possibly be a "K", but from the letters home he's fairly sure it's an "X"

He served on HMS Gambia in the Pacific & was involved in the Atlantic convoys, obviously. Any info is much appreciated. Kind regards, Stewy

P.S. There could be a lot of interesting stuff to this if I can find some info to this Sailor.

?

From the headline I thought it might be a paternal situation for a lady.

Anyone? Stewy

This may be an obvious question but has your mate tried applying for his father's service record from MOD ?

Hi Richie, no he hasn't he's not very "au fait" with computers/internet & I'm not sure if a third party i.e myself could do it. Thanks for the reply. Any help is a viable option for him/us. Just thought it was worth asking here because I know how much help can be gained from the forum. Kind regards, Stewy.

How to obtain service records - not too technical I think. Just download the form [PDF], fill it in and send it off.

https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-pers...vice-personnel