Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with WF Webster

Article about: I have four medals that came with a box and citation named to a WF Webster. They only WF Webster I can find was on the CWGC.org website. Is there a way to check the service number on the dog

Default Help with WF Webster

I have four medals that came with a box and citation named to a WF Webster. They only WF Webster I can find was on the CWGC.org website.
    Is there a way to check the service number on the dog tag and find out what medals he got to see if they match?

Below is the information I got online and the medals I have for the Africa Star, 1939-45 Star, Defence Medal and War medal 1939-45. On the citation it's got WF Webster POX101437. Don't know if that helps.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

I think POX prefix would indicate he was a member of the Royal Navy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This is what I found.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with WF Webster  

Not the same person.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Can you show the paper work please?

Found more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with WF Webster  

This is the only WF Webster I've been able to find for months but they can be the same cause the medals don't match to they?
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with WF Webster  Help with WF Webster 

Further to my thoughts on him being Royal Navy. Have a read here:

INDEX.html

Ok clearly the medals never Belonged to the Webster I have on the citation, if the citation is real. Shame I was excited at the thought of finding the person they may have belonged to.

Links dead

Try now. He has some good info an RN numbers.

He was certainly RN. It says so on the citation, given where they were issued from.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast