Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Information on My Grandad (Korea)!

Article about: Hi thanks for any help in advance, My grandad passed away recently and I want to know more about him. It would also help my grandma out. He was a US solider drafted from or around Cleveland

Doug W
    ?

Default Information on My Grandad (Korea)!

Hi thanks for any help in advance,

My grandad passed away recently and I want to know more about him. It would also help my grandma out. He was a US solider drafted from or around Cleveland Ohio. His name was Edward Joseph Hayes. He was a member of the combat engineers and worked with the search lights to locate people up in the mountains. I cannot remember the name of the exact group he was with but I think it ended with an 8 or 6 like 38 or some thing close. He are some pictures of the group or a similar group he was with (he is not in the picture but he said before he died he knew the guys who were in it). I'm sorry if this is not the appropriate spot to post this but any help would be really great for my family.

Information on My Grandad (Korea)!Information on My Grandad (Korea)!

Thanks!!!!

You might want to check out this site of military records information:
    National Archives and Records Administration

It woud help if you gave us some more information, for example his birth and/or date of death...
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Unfortunately, most US Military records were destroyed in a fire (around 1973, I think), making it very difficult if not impossible to find information on specific individuals. I had this problem trying to research my grandfathers service in WW1.

See Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Holdings for more information.

And welcome to the forum.