Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Japan Dropped Nuclear Bomb on US During WW2

Article about: According to Indian Schoolbook ..... That got your attention ! Japan dropped a nuclear bomb on the US during WW2, according to an Indian school textbook which is full of howling errors. Pare

Default Japan Dropped Nuclear Bomb on US During WW2

According to Indian Schoolbook .....

That got your attention !

Japan dropped a nuclear bomb on the US during WW2, according to an Indian school textbook which is full of howling errors.

Parents and schoolchildren in the western Indian state of Gujarat have complained after they noticed a series of mistakes published in the texts book commissioned by the government for state-run schools.

It is reported the Social Science English medium textbook for Standard 8, published by the Gujarat Council of Educational Research and Training (GCERT), contains more than 150 factual, spelling and grammatical mistakes in just 124 pages.

In addition to the nuclear bombing of the US by Japan, the textbook warns of an increase in the poisonous gas CO3, due to cutting of trees.

The book, which is said to be studied by more than 50,000 children, says Gandhi was assassinated on 30 October 1948 - instead the correct date of 30 January – and got the date he set up his first set up Satyagraha Ashram at Kochrab in Ahmedabad wrong by 10 years.

The Gujurat government has said it investigating the errors but have not withdrawn the books from schools as yet.

"We have set up a two member committee to look into these errors and make changes immediately. We are also initiating action against the panellist who had vetted the books," said state education minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama.

Nirav Thakkar, principal of a school in the state's second largest city, Ahmedabad, told NDTV: "This clearly is the reflection of the competency of the writers of the book.

"There should have been some semblance of sensibility while clearing the draft of these books."

Japan Dropped Nuclear Bomb on US During WW2, According to Indian Schoolbook

You just can't get the staff!...

"Details, details..."

Well, in French history books there was no such thing as white slaves (Barbarian slavery, only 1,2 million people!) and has France won both world wars. In fact French people have tried to convince me it is true they won both the world wars, and were supprised I thought anything different.

do they have the grocer's apostrophe and an abundance of the comma splice?

not sure which is worse, that they thought Japan nuked the states or that French people think they won both world wars. I assume they also think Napoleon won at Waterloo.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I assume they also think Napoleon won at Waterloo.
    What are you trying to say....

A reflection of incompetency, IMO.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Of course there is a huge difference between deliberate changing of historical events, poor translation of history books, or just a plain lack of historical knowledge. No clue which one is worst.

Hate to say it, but better they get 80% of the history correct, and at least teach it, than teach nothing as they do here in the States. It is sad to see how quickly schools here have degraded: no more foreign language requirements, no teaching of cursive handwriting, and a quick spin through history, geography, and sociology. But ask about that beast Kim Kardashian and kids can tell you everything.

Those are some pretty big mistakes. It reminds me of my high school history textbook. It was also riddled with small mistakes, but those mistakes appeared to be deliberate and attempting to get some sort or political message across. I think the teacher chose that book because it agreed with his political views. He always managed to squeeze in some words on the evils of capitalism and the bondage of classes into every lesson. His 6-foot tall picture of Marx didn't help either, but I digress.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast