Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese armband

Article about: Hello all, Amongst the legacy of my grandparents, I found a large sea chest containing hundreds of letters, documents, passports, his military uniform, helmet, cap etc. Everything is from th

Default Japanese armband

Hello all,

Amongst the legacy of my grandparents, I found a large sea chest containing hundreds of letters, documents, passports, his military uniform, helmet, cap etc.
    Everything is from the period 1939 to 1946 when my grandparents with their son (my father) lived in Indonesia.

When war broke out my grandfather, a KNIL lieutenant was under arms. He fought for a few days but was taken prisoner and taken to a military camp. My grandmother and her son were taken to a civilian camp, for 5 years and they only just survived. They have never talked about it but the story of the sewing machine that all survived and went back to the Netherlands on the boat.

At the beginning of the camp in Bandung had to wear a red armband to the camp and to be allowed. On this bracelet is a text. Who knows what it says?

I also included a picture of this military pasport and 1st LT shoulderboards.

A lot more can be seen here :
    Tolbert - bandoeng - a set on Flickr

Regards,

Jos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese armband   Japanese armband  

?

Default Re: Japanese armband

very nice group set..! thanks for sharing...