Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 Garand

Article about: Hey guys i really want to get an original M1 Garand, but i really want to get one for like 300-500\\$ is that possible. Also it wont be until september cause that my birthday month. And im 14

?

Default M1 Garand

Hey guys i really want to get an original M1 Garand, but i really want to get one for like 300-500$ is that possible. Also it wont be until september cause that my birthday month. And im 14 is it legal or do i need a licence. I also live in illinois so i might need help with the laws.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Default Re: M1 Garand

I've rarely seen them go for less than $600 unless in really poor condition or deactivated, but you never know before you try. You are under 18, so a parent will have to buy it for you. Be sure to check local laws, for I know around the Chicago area they get pretty strict.

On a side note, the Civilian Marksmanship Program offers discounts on U.S. military rifles to members and they have a large youth division. Might be worth a look.

You are too young to buy one yourself. If your parents can buy one, they will probably not be able to get one for under $500, especially if the rifle has all original, matching parts. These rifles have gone up in price in recent years. Well, at least in the People's Republic of New York...

Same thing as wolfe said, parent has to buy it for you. At least that what my parents did when i was younger.

$500 may be possible but it will be hard to find... and hast to be in poor condition.

Hopefully after next election South Korea wants to export the 60,000 M1's again. Obama blocked it a year or 2 ago. Should bring down prices.

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    Same thing as wolfe said, parent has to buy it for you. At least that what my parents did when i was younger.

$500 may be possible but it will be hard to find... and hast to be in poor condition.

Hopefully after next election South Korea wants to export the 60,000 M1's again. Obama blocked it a year or 2 ago. Should bring down prices.
    ...And blamed it on Bush (I couldn't resist!)

Quote by Franz1944 View Post

My buddy owns a gun store and I remember him telling me the same thing. Ammo taxes also skyrocketed too!

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    My buddy owns a gun store and I remember him telling me the same thing. Ammo taxes also skyrocketed too!
    It will be interesting if a republican is elected....

Im pretty sure there is a lot more then 60,000 m1's in south korea

I heard about those Garands, too. They are going to be beaters and reenactor grade rifles for sure. There are also something like 700,000 carbines there too that the Koreans want to get rid of.

Ryan, your best bet at the moment is to have your parents drive you to the CMP store in Ohio. There are eligibility requirements, but thats going to be your cheapest Garand option.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    ...And blamed it on Bush (I couldn't resist!)
    Very true

?

Its just the reenacting itch is killing me and i really want to do it but i dont want to be a medic. So i really want to get an m1 so i can actully be part of the fight. But my dad says he doesnt want to have a gun in the house lol.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast