Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

This may turnout to be something really spooky! Help from the Kurland Pocket guys...

Article about: Hi guys, I will fill you guys out on the full story very soon but this may turn out to be a BIG story if i can find this guy. If i can find records of his existance this will make the news p

Default This may turnout to be something really spooky! Help from the Kurland Pocket guys...

Hi guys,

I will fill you guys out on the full story very soon but this may turn out to be a BIG story if i can find this guy.
    If i can find records of his existance this will make the news papers.
    I looking to research a name of a german soldier that fought and died in the Kurland Pocket
    The name i have is Peter Schmidt or Pete Schmidt. I was acually given Peter smith but i doubt highly that a German would have such an english sounding name.
    He was very young, 17 or 18 some say maybe even 16.
    There is a strong link with Salzburg , Austria wether thats where he is born or thats where he was based.

Can anyone here help me or give me a website that may have soldiers names that fought in this area or soldiers names that were based at Salzburg austria in ww2. He may have been Hitler youth?

Any websites that may help my research or any information you guys can help with is MUCHLY appreciated and if you are even in Australia i will buy you a few beers!
    Thanks!

Default Re: This may turnout to be something really spooky! Help from the Kurland Pocket guys...

Just found out that Petrus is a german name for Peter aswell

Default Re: This may turnout to be something really spooky! Help from the Kurland Pocket guys...

Good Luck on your really spooky wild goo.... I mean quest, yes quest!! I look forward when you decide to share your 'BIG story' with us all when your journey reaches it's incredible end!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Haha thanks Ned, yeah its a long story and im sitting here at work with the boss patrolling around. I will type it up out of work hours but so far its set to become a really interesting story if i can confirm this guy

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Just found out that Petrus is a german name for Peter aswell
    Oh dear...The odds aren't shortening on this are they?
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Not really but i will stick with Peter for now

Just found that there was a Hitler youth in Salzburg , Austria .
    This was taken from a website ....
    "with the majority of the enlisted being drawn from Hitler Youth boys between the ages of 16 and 18"

Its not much but bit by bit i will get there

?

Not to be too negative but the chances of tracing someone called Schmidt in Armeegruppe Kurland have got to be nil !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I dunno,....At least his name wasn't Johanne/Hans!

?

Do not forget Petr